Let’s face it, “How to get good skin?” must be one of googles top searches! Our skin causes endless amounts of stress whether you’re 14 or 40 and the startling fact is skin care is not cheap! On average, the American woman will spend nearly a quarter of a million dollars on skin care in her lifetime. And while a lot of it might be out of vanity, the truth is, taking care of our skin is vitally important to our overall health. – as my mother always says “your skin is our first line of defense against disease and bacteria.” So spending the money to take care of it doesn’t seem like such a waste when we consider the hard work skin does to protect us. But what if spending all that money on skin products actually begins to effect our overall skin balance?
Whats up everyone! Hope your Tuesday is going fantastic. It’s currently 30 degrees and snowing very heavily so this post seems pretty silly right now. I thought I would share with you guys some of my favorite lip colors for Spring! I don’t usually wear a lot of pink lip stick, but I love to have a good go to day wear lip stick and fun colors to change it up for dates or special events.
A fact about me- I love Target but lets be honest, who doesn’t love Target! If you’re like me you feel like you’re there all the time. You pull in to quickly grab eggs and a half an hour later you’re walking out with a cart full of chobani flips and sale item workout clothes.
What better way to kickstart spring than by taking a target run to get some new outfits and swing by the beauty department. Skin and hair care can be a BIG investment and choosing products that work and are healthy for your body can be stressful. I am a true believer than investing in taking care of your skin and hair is super important but we don’t always have the budget for expensive beauty regimes and thousand dollar night creams.
So, I decided to share with you guys some of my favorite beauty products at Target that are great and super duper affordable!
- Caress Foam Body Wash- I have always been a fan of Caress body wash because they have the best scents and after trying the new caress body foam I can say I continue to love their products. As far as drug store products go, Caress is one of my favorites. I was skeptical at first about the foam being too runny or just a cheaper way to make bath soap but I’m honestly really pleased with the way it makes my skin feel clean and smell.
- Kristen Ess Rose Gold Temporary Tint- For the bold blondes- this is awesome! I’m sorry that I am probably alienating any brunettes that read my blog, but this is such a fun product! it works as a temporary color for those of us with blonde or highlighted hair. Its easy to use and washes out in a few washes. Its just fun to change things up sometimes. Its not a necessary product at all but something different and fun and actually works pretty well.
- Kristen Ess Reconstructive Moisture Mask- This is my favorite hair mask. It smells great and makes your hair super soft. I really love all the Kristen Ess products, but this one is great to spend a little more on to use every couple days to give your hair a boost.
- Love, Beauty, and Planet Peace and Glow Sugar and Rose Scrub- Super long name, but one of my favorites. They are a relatively newer brand to Target, but I decided a few weeks ago to try some of their products, and I have to say I’m pretty impressed. They smell delicious and are made with all natural, healthy products. Definitely a winner!
- Schmidts Deodorant- My favorite product I use. A few years ago my mother in law told me about the dangers of using antiperspirant to your health. Both shocked and appreciative for the information I decided to do some research and it turns out she was right! Antiperspirant is REALLY bad for you and all major women deodorant brands only have antiperspirant. I found Schmidts while doing research about all natural deodorant brands and I am seriously sold especially when I stumbled across it at Target! They have tons of scents, its good for your skin, and unlike a lot of other organic deodorants it doesn’t get all over the place. My one complaint is that it does sometimes leave white marks.
What are some of your favorite Target finds that I should try?
Links to products below: