In an effort to better myself I committed myself to a year long journey of reading more. I like reading and don’t get me wrong I read a lot of blog posts, AD magazine (thanks to my husband), and WSJ (thanks to my father-in-law) but a year ago I found I was rarely reading through a whole book! I had gotten into a slump after college of making time for the wrong things like GOT binges and online shopping black holes. I no longer HAD to read for tests or research so why bother. But a the start of 2018, I turned a new leaf. It was time to start focusing on edifying myself. I picked up a book for the first time in a long time and began the quest of self betterment through reading.
This Fall I feel like we are going very traditional. Lots of classic plaids, tweeds, and leather- all of which I LOVE. Some of my favorite street styles I’ve seen have been lots of pattern mixing, mix and matching animal prints, and bold rich colors. Here are some of my favorite pieces for all this Fall’s fashion trends!
Well, I’m back in the states now! My recent trip to Colombia was so much fun and I am so wishing it was warmer here in Ohio. This past week a couple of friends and I decided to travel to Colombia. We loved Colombia and the time we spent there was amazing!
Hello and Happy Friday! I hope you all have wonderful weekend plans. This weekend Will and I will be heading to Columbus, OH to watch my Alma Mater (high school) compete to win Basketball State Champions! It’s a big accomplishment for the team and my mom is principle! GO MOM!! BUT in other news, I thought I would share with you all some of my favorite styles this spring.
Gingham is in! I could not be more tickled by all the cute styles out there sporting gingham this spring. Gingham might be the happiest pattern to me. It screams innocence, charm, and warmth and makes the perfect addition to any spring outfit.
Whats up everyone! Hope your Tuesday is going fantastic. It’s currently 30 degrees and snowing very heavily so this post seems pretty silly right now. I thought I would share with you guys some of my favorite lip colors for Spring! I don’t usually wear a lot of pink lip stick, but I love to have a good go to day wear lip stick and fun colors to change it up for dates or special events.
Hello and thanks for stopping by! Today, I decided to begin a blog series called Weekend in Review where I tell you about what I did over the weekend and some of my new favorite finds. Feel free to share your thoughts and some of your new finds that I should learn about.
Headed to the movies today! Wore the perfect relaxed coat with a pair of comfy sneakers. If you haven’t seen Black Panther- You need to!
A fact about me- I love Target but lets be honest, who doesn’t love Target! If you’re like me you feel like you’re there all the time. You pull in to quickly grab eggs and a half an hour later you’re walking out with a cart full of chobani flips and sale item workout clothes.
What better way to kickstart spring than by taking a target run to get some new outfits and swing by the beauty department. Skin and hair care can be a BIG investment and choosing products that work and are healthy for your body can be stressful. I am a true believer than investing in taking care of your skin and hair is super important but we don’t always have the budget for expensive beauty regimes and thousand dollar night creams.
So, I decided to share with you guys some of my favorite beauty products at Target that are great and super duper affordable!
- Caress Foam Body Wash- I have always been a fan of Caress body wash because they have the best scents and after trying the new caress body foam I can say I continue to love their products. As far as drug store products go, Caress is one of my favorites. I was skeptical at first about the foam being too runny or just a cheaper way to make bath soap but I’m honestly really pleased with the way it makes my skin feel clean and smell.
- Kristen Ess Rose Gold Temporary Tint- For the bold blondes- this is awesome! I’m sorry that I am probably alienating any brunettes that read my blog, but this is such a fun product! it works as a temporary color for those of us with blonde or highlighted hair. Its easy to use and washes out in a few washes. Its just fun to change things up sometimes. Its not a necessary product at all but something different and fun and actually works pretty well.
- Kristen Ess Reconstructive Moisture Mask- This is my favorite hair mask. It smells great and makes your hair super soft. I really love all the Kristen Ess products, but this one is great to spend a little more on to use every couple days to give your hair a boost.
- Love, Beauty, and Planet Peace and Glow Sugar and Rose Scrub- Super long name, but one of my favorites. They are a relatively newer brand to Target, but I decided a few weeks ago to try some of their products, and I have to say I’m pretty impressed. They smell delicious and are made with all natural, healthy products. Definitely a winner!
- Schmidts Deodorant- My favorite product I use. A few years ago my mother in law told me about the dangers of using antiperspirant to your health. Both shocked and appreciative for the information I decided to do some research and it turns out she was right! Antiperspirant is REALLY bad for you and all major women deodorant brands only have antiperspirant. I found Schmidts while doing research about all natural deodorant brands and I am seriously sold especially when I stumbled across it at Target! They have tons of scents, its good for your skin, and unlike a lot of other organic deodorants it doesn’t get all over the place. My one complaint is that it does sometimes leave white marks.
What are some of your favorite Target finds that I should try?
Links to products below: