Well, I’m back in the states now! My recent trip to Colombia was so much fun and I am so wishing it was warmer here in Ohio. This past week a couple of friends and I decided to travel to Colombia. We loved Colombia and the time we spent there was amazing!
Hello and Happy Friday! I hope you all have wonderful weekend plans. This weekend Will and I will be heading to Columbus, OH to watch my Alma Mater (high school) compete to win Basketball State Champions! It’s a big accomplishment for the team and my mom is principle! GO MOM!! BUT in other news, I thought I would share with you all some of my favorite styles this spring.
Gingham is in! I could not be more tickled by all the cute styles out there sporting gingham this spring. Gingham might be the happiest pattern to me. It screams innocence, charm, and warmth and makes the perfect addition to any spring outfit.
Whats up everyone! Hope your Tuesday is going fantastic. It’s currently 30 degrees and snowing very heavily so this post seems pretty silly right now. I thought I would share with you guys some of my favorite lip colors for Spring! I don’t usually wear a lot of pink lip stick, but I love to have a good go to day wear lip stick and fun colors to change it up for dates or special events.
Hello and thanks for stopping by! Today, I decided to begin a blog series called Weekend in Review where I tell you about what I did over the weekend and some of my new favorite finds. Feel free to share your thoughts and some of your new finds that I should learn about.
Headed to the movies today! Wore the perfect relaxed coat with a pair of comfy sneakers. If you haven’t seen Black Panther- You need to!
I have to say that spring is probably one of my favorite seasons for fashion. I love the bright colors, the cute cardigans, and the large dramatic prints. In the words of Cheryl from Miss Congeniality, “April 25th, not to cold and not too hot- All you need is a light jacket!” and that is one of the reasons spring is the best! This year florals are making a comeback and pastels are big. Say hello to Lavender, Petal pink, and Sunkissed Salmon. This year, channel your inner garden party and enjoy having fun dressing up in cute, feminine dresses while soaking in the spring sun. Spring is all about growth and new life- challenge yourself this spring to try new styles and different colors and patterns.
A fact about me- I love Target but lets be honest, who doesn’t love Target! If you’re like me you feel like you’re there all the time. You pull in to quickly grab eggs and a half an hour later you’re walking out with a cart full of chobani flips and sale item workout clothes.
What better way to kickstart spring than by taking a target run to get some new outfits and swing by the beauty department. Skin and hair care can be a BIG investment and choosing products that work and are healthy for your body can be stressful. I am a true believer than investing in taking care of your skin and hair is super important but we don’t always have the budget for expensive beauty regimes and thousand dollar night creams.
So, I decided to share with you guys some of my favorite beauty products at Target that are great and super duper affordable!
- Caress Foam Body Wash- I have always been a fan of Caress body wash because they have the best scents and after trying the new caress body foam I can say I continue to love their products. As far as drug store products go, Caress is one of my favorites. I was skeptical at first about the foam being too runny or just a cheaper way to make bath soap but I’m honestly really pleased with the way it makes my skin feel clean and smell.
- Kristen Ess Rose Gold Temporary Tint- For the bold blondes- this is awesome! I’m sorry that I am probably alienating any brunettes that read my blog, but this is such a fun product! it works as a temporary color for those of us with blonde or highlighted hair. Its easy to use and washes out in a few washes. Its just fun to change things up sometimes. Its not a necessary product at all but something different and fun and actually works pretty well.
- Kristen Ess Reconstructive Moisture Mask- This is my favorite hair mask. It smells great and makes your hair super soft. I really love all the Kristen Ess products, but this one is great to spend a little more on to use every couple days to give your hair a boost.
- Love, Beauty, and Planet Peace and Glow Sugar and Rose Scrub- Super long name, but one of my favorites. They are a relatively newer brand to Target, but I decided a few weeks ago to try some of their products, and I have to say I’m pretty impressed. They smell delicious and are made with all natural, healthy products. Definitely a winner!
- Schmidts Deodorant- My favorite product I use. A few years ago my mother in law told me about the dangers of using antiperspirant to your health. Both shocked and appreciative for the information I decided to do some research and it turns out she was right! Antiperspirant is REALLY bad for you and all major women deodorant brands only have antiperspirant. I found Schmidts while doing research about all natural deodorant brands and I am seriously sold especially when I stumbled across it at Target! They have tons of scents, its good for your skin, and unlike a lot of other organic deodorants it doesn’t get all over the place. My one complaint is that it does sometimes leave white marks.
What are some of your favorite Target finds that I should try?
Links to products below:
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and here are my picks for gifts for the man in your life. I love Valentine’s Day and the last two years Will has been in China! So this year we are planning to do something fun to celebrate the day. Maybe a post about that coming soon.
Thursday Thoughts about Creativity and Inspiration
After returning home from the gym, I found out our wifi wasn’t working (which is a pretty common occurrence). I had some work to do for a client and was hoping to find some much needed inspiration for it by scouring the internet for ideas. Not having internet definitely threw a wrench in my finely tuned plan. Sure I could go to a coffee shop or the library, but I think best at home…preferably in shea butter socks and a candle near by.
Taking a shower followed by sulking and snacking for about 30 minutes I decided that no internet might be just what I need-A break, time to think, to ACTUALLY create and write without being distracted by an anthropologie sale or a show on Netflix. It’s true a lot of blogging is the research. Its finding good sales, getting the perfect instagram shot, and promoting your blog but its also about creating good content and sharing ideas I am really excited about.
While the internet is a great tool, sometimes it can really curb our ability to be authentic. We can get so caught up in comparison and perfection that we forget ourselves. Too much internet can stifle creativity either by discouraging me because everyone else has already done something or by flooding my brain with so many ideas that I never move forward. By stepping away from what everyone else is doing and really focusing on what I want my life to be and what deserves my attention helps recenter my mind.
It’s so important that we develop our own sense of style, likes and dislikes, and passions because thats what makes us unique and our uniqueness is what we have to offer the world.
How I’m getting the creative juices flowing this year without the internet:
- Cooking: One of my favorite things to do is cook. Not just following a recipe or throwing something into the crockpot, but actually learning why things taste good together and how to properly cook things is so much fun! Cooking is a great way to exercise your mind and getting comfortable in the kitchen can make life so much more extraordinary. Also, it makes great date night.
- Hiking: Getting outside can help clear and recharge your mind. I love to get outside and connecting with nature really helps me get inspired.
- Flipping through old photos: Sounds strange, I know, but connecting with your past can really help inspire your future. I love to go through old photos because it helps me remember who I’ve been and how I’ve changed over the years.
- Connecting with friends: Catching up with old friends or the same people you talk to all the time is a great way to get inspired. Focusing less on yourself and engaging with the people you love is the best way to get inspired. Shut the computer, turn off the phone and spend time with the people you love.
This weekend was uncharacteristically warm for January which was a wonderful change from the freezing weather we’ve been having. For the first time in what feels like months Will and I have a weekend at home together and we decided to head to the local park to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. We’ve been looking for houses and to be honest its been an interesting experience. It was great to take a break from house hunting and working to get outside and spend time together. If you are looking for a good day time date that doesn’t involve food or shopping, go for a walk.
Styles from this post
For this post I wore Melrose & Market Top I found at Nordstrom Rack and it’s been one of my favorites this season. It’s so comfy! The jeans I wore are vintage Levi’s, but Levi is bringing a lot of their old styles back (similar ones linked below). My boots are Sam Edelman that I’ve had for several years and are still one of my favorite boots.